Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the Rapid COVID-19 Service for?
This service is for:
- Airline passengers arriving who do not hold a valid PCR certificate issued in last 72 hours and airline passengers required to have a Day 5 rapid test.
- Airline passengers departing in the next 72 hours (we recommend you get tested at least 48 hours before your departure).
- Any NON-RESIDENT of Gibraltar (no airline travel required to have a test).
- The price of the rapid test is £50. For arriving airline passengers who are Gibraltar residents the rapid test is free. Departing Gibraltar Government Scholarship students with a Unique Identification Number (UIN) are entitled to ONE free rapid test each term.
What is the process to book or register for a rapid test?
Save time, make sure you have booked a test before queuing at the Testing Service.
- Once you have registered you will receive a barcode via email. Come to the Rapid Testing Service and join the queue.
- There is no specific date or time to have your rapid test once you have booked online.
- When it is your turn, you will be called to the test window and our Test Operative will ask for your barcode and test you immediately.
- You will be informed of the test result and sent a test certificate via email within 30 to 60 minutes after your test.
I’m a departing passenger. Does your rapid test meet UK Government requirements for entry to the UK?
Yes, our rapid test meets UK Government guidelines for international travellers entering the UK. We are the recommended HM Government of Gibraltar rapid testing service.
For further information on COVID-19 Tests and Certificates for Travel see HM Government of Gibraltar Press Release (21/01/21) click here
Will I get a rapid test certificate after I have done a test?
Yes, you will receive an electronic certificate. Within 30 min to 60 min you will be sent an SMS message (to your phone) notifying you that an email has been sent to you with your test result and certificate.
Please check your email junk file to see if the email with your result and certificate is in there.
What type of rapid test will be taken and how does it work?
What is the minimum age for a rapid test?
Testing is only available to individuals 6 years old and older.
I'm a Gibraltar resident, how do a get a PCR test and certificate to travel?
Gibraltar residents who are travelling to other countries, which specifically require a PCR test, should contact the GHA’s Public Health Department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Full Names (as printed on Passport)
- Passport Number
- Date of Birth
- Scanned Copy of GHA Card
- Contact Telephone Number
- Evidence of the country of destination requiring a PCR test (e.g. electronic flight ticket)
Public Health Gibraltar will make arrangements to have a test conducted at the Drive Through Facility, based on the information provided and on verifying the requirement for a PCR certificate for onward travel. There is a charge for the PCR test and PCR certificate.
Where is the Rapid COVID-19 Testing Service located?
The Rapid COVID-19 Testing Service is located outside the Gibraltar Airport. Look for the blue and white cabins.
What are the Rapid COVID-19 Testing Service opening hours?
We are open 7 days a week - Monday to Sunday 8:00am to 6:00pm
How do I contact the Rapid COVID-19 Testing Service?
You can contact us via email at email@example.com or phone +350 200 44038
COVID-19 Coronavirus Health Advice
To visit the Public Health Gibraltar website click here